Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Who's the fairest of them all?

Having done some research on the web, it turns out that my Badge Machine was manufactured by the 'London Emblem Badge Company' and they sell a number of different components, which means that the machine is capable of producing more than just simple pin badges.  I relayed this exciting development to my Mum and look what has arrived in the post;


Lots and lots of yummy components, thanks so much Mum for such a thoughtful combined Christmas and Birthday present!

Having ripped open the boxes, I decided to have a go at making a couple of mirrors and bottle openers.  I was pretty pleased with the opener, but you'll have to wait before I post a picture of it as it's for a present and I don't want to spoil the surprise for a certain favourite uncle..... 

Next I had a go at a compact mirror for one of my Mum's friends.  I also made a matching a make-up purse with a waterproof lining to go along with it.  I didn't have any suitable waterproof material in the house, but then remembered my daughter had just grown out of a little red raincoat and as it was fairly well used I didn't feel too bad about cutting it up;

   
and this is the result;



I also made my daughter a 'Dumpling Purse' using this fantastic tutorial;


I popped in a mirror which I whipped up on the badge machine. Adorning it is a picture of Granny when she was about the same age as my daughter is now!



2 comments: