Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Kraft-tex Zipper Pouch Tutorial

Washable Vegan Leather Paper


I was delighted to be asked to make a zipper pouch for this month's Buddly Craft blog post with Kraft-tex a paper product which  looks, feels and wears like leather but sews, cuts and washes like fabric.  It is basically the same material as the label on denim jeans and they often seem to outlast the jeans themselves!


I stitched up a 'Back to School' pencil case for my son and was able to use a label from a well-known British supermarket, as he has the same name as their clothing range!

Should you not have had the foresight to name your child after a shop, then you can still personalise your Kraft-tex creations as it can be put through an inkjet printer, decorated with stamps or simply doodled on.

http://www.artchalahandmade.com/

Pinterest is full of inspiration for this wonderful material 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DoodooShop

I'm now off to order some in each of the five colours available, especially the very gorgeous black!


10 comments:

  1. Didn't know that such a fabric existed, it's brilliant. Like the idea of being able to personalise it with stamps or put it through a printer, how cool is that. Thanks for sharing. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't know this existed either. What a great fabric. I love the printed one.I am off to have a look at it now too. :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea - what a great fabric that you can print on... and how silly of me not to name my children after well known clothing brands... doh! ;-) Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! :) I really like the final result. Thank you for the reminder to use such a great fabric! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this - how interesting. I'm already thinking that it could be printed then quilted ........ oh no, not another project for my vast to-do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the leather look of your pouch! How creative to reuse the George label! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my mercy! I love this fabric! Amazing at the things one can make now! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of your pouch. That fabric looks great. Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric, thanks for sharing that. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Josie,
    Having just found your lovely blog via my blog - I'm hooked! Your work is wonderful, you're an inspiration. keep up the great work and thank you - I'm off to get the sewing machine stitching. Best wishes, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete