Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Friday 17 June 2016

Suede and Fabric Pencil Pouch

Our Next Teacher Appreciation Gift


 

My latest zipper pouch is for a rather wonderful music teacher, who I previously wrote about in this post when I made him a gift thanking him for his triumphant school production of 'Guys and Dolls' - As you can see that journal had a somewhat 'quirky' feel to it, so this time I wanted to stitch up something rather more sophisticated!


SewforSoul Fabric Portrait


I chose a fabric with a lovely antique pen nib print, which cried out to be a pencil case, and for some added texture and interest contrasted it with a suede panel along the bottom.  I then whipped up a matching tassel for the final finishing touch. 


 Thank You Mr Grehan-Bradley!

5 comments:

  1. Josie, this is gorgeous. What teacher would not love something so cute and thoughtful? I love it, your appliqué work is always fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...so adorable. Girl...you must have lots of patience because your details are beautifully done. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie! What wonderful makes. Your son's teacher must have been very flattered that you should go to so much trouble to make these cute gifts for him. You are such a sweet person! Not to mention, so clever! Lovely makes Josie!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete