Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Embroidered Gardening Journal

Appliqued Notebook Covers


I have not blogged since last month, but I have been busy making note book covers and I have also a had a couple of little items published in magazines.  However, the main reason I have been quiet is that I was needed at my old place of work so subsequently had little or no time to myself during the last eight weeks.  It now seems to have calmed down, so I can finally get some blogging done!

As I said I have still been stitching, but have simply not had the time to take any pictures to share.  I created a number of notebook covers, but they have all been given away bar one...


It's a little present for Mr. Larkin's dear old Dad, who despite his great age is still going strong and potters in his garden most days.  I just hope I will be as active when I'm in my ninth decade!


I used my favourite raw edge applique and free motion embroidery techniques with a sprinkling of antique lace for the shed roof.


 Hopefully he will be touched by the little personalised sign over the shed door!  There is also one more special detail on the reverse...


 A message from the grandchildren xx







5 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely beautiful stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design! ;) Sil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bonito!! te he conocido a través del blog de Tania, me encantan tus aplicaciones, besos

    Chelo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bonito, me encanta.
    Muchas gracias por compartir tu trabajo
    Una abraçada

    ReplyDelete