Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Leather Corner Clutches With Tassel Trims

Leather and Linen Trimmed Pouches ~ As Seen in Sewing World Magazine!




The September issue of Sewing World Magazine featured my SewforSoul leather trimmed zipper pouches, which I stitched up in a selection of gorgeous colours and textures.  Their handy size makes them suitable for lots of different uses and they would make great Christmas presents!




As they only use tiny amounts of  leather, I didn't bother using a leather needle in my machine and they're also an ideal first project if you haven't stitched leather before.  The only thing to remember is that you can't use pins to baste your layers together as this would leave permanent prick holes behind - To overcome this I simply used a glue stick and paperclips! 




The pouches are so easy to make I got a little carried away and ended up stitching up four of them!  My absolute favourites are this 'William Morris' one and the green version stitched up in a gorgeous 'Liberty of London' cotton print.




As ever, the magazine features an easy to follow tutorial with full step by step accompanying colour photos.  The little matching tassel is such a cute finishing touch and 'bang on trend' rocking that boho vibe!




Happy Stitching!






6 comments:

  1. Love the denim trims, Josie!!! My favourite is the one bottom right with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fav is the orange with the stacked buttons!

      These are adorable. Congrats on the mag feature!

      *hugs*
      Kelley~

      Delete
  2. Such gorgeous pouches Josie! Love the tassels! Well done getting published again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the mix of leather and cotton. The blue one is my fav! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josie, these are adorable sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete