Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Patchwork Wedge Sprocket Cushion

'Sewing World' Magazine Feature




October's Sewing World Magazine is in the shops now and includes my 'Sophia' patchwork pillow;




I stitched it up using the stunning range of Sophia fabrics by Makower UK.  A new 1950s retro inspired collection in yummy creams, teals, mustards and pinks.  I loved using this range and the clever mix of modern and classic means that the finished cushions would be a stylish addition to any home!




The pattern is perfect for beginners as the cute little covered button cleverly conceals any mis-matched points!  I made my piping for a fully coordinated look but for a first project omit it completely or simply use pre-made.  The magazine tutorial includes easy to follow step-by-step instructions with colour photos and a full sized pattern piece.



9 comments:

  1. I like the style of the cushion, and the fabrics are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Josie, another great tutorial! These fabrics look so pretty.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these J! And the fabrics are so pretty! Well done, jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely, and I really like the colours. Well done . x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable! Haven't seen one like these in AGES!

    *hugs* from Nashville, Tennessee this week,
    ~Kelley
    Letters Unfolded

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric is so pretty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cushions and the fabrics are lovely. Congratulations on another brilliant article. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colour combo - I'm not sure my sewing skills are up to making one of these- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete