Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Thursday 4 September 2014

SewforSoul ~ Sewing World Magazine

Appliqued Linen Pencil Case


The children went back to school this week so, after many weeks of wilful neglect, I am finally back to blogging with some very exciting news - I'm on the front cover of Sewing World Magazine!



Yep, that's my pencil case as the lead feature!  Julie, the editor, had seen this personalised version, which I blogged about last year, and asked me to create one for the magazine as a 'back to school' September project.


I was delighted to be asked and then to make the main feature, with my first project for her, was extremely flattering!


The article has been beautifully presented and is a lovely three page spread, including a little SewforSoul 'bio box'!


Sewing World Magazine is widely available in many independent newsagents or any branch of WHSmith's.  So if you fancy making your own 'Write On' pencil case go and bag a copy now!

  

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations the pencil case looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, clever you, how exciting. Regards Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I love it
    Greetings from Germany
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Huge congrats J! Such an adorable pencil case, with stunning stitching as always! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pencil "lead".. Ha! Such a fabulous article and a gorgeous make. Your work is such and inspiration. I love your applique. Congratulatons on the article. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congrats Josie, your zipper pouch looks fab. I've had a go at making zipper pouches but I felt my zipper ends were too bulky. I'll have to get this mag to follow your tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a gorgeous make as well as being seasonal that it's no wonder it made the front page. I love it. Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done hon! such fantastic news and such a lovely make. It would certainly make me want to buy the mag! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a gorgeous project, congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww congratulations!! You pencil cases are gorgeous, i'm so glad to hear that your work is getting the recognition it deserves :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness, Josie! I am SEW excited for you!!! What a happy pleasure, indeed! Your feature is amazing. They did you such a great honor. I congratulate you, friend. Your sewing projects are adorable!

    Hugs and happy week,
    Kelley~

    P.S. Is this magazine distributed worldwide? The only place I can peruse sewing magazines is in the US mainland... when I've the time... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere, it's good to know I wasn't going mad! It was a great tutorial too so congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and your pencil case looks great, not surprised it made the front cover. I especially love the idea of your personalised one as well, I'm all set to pin that for presents for teachers at the end of the year! Off to have a browse round the rest of your blog now, since applique and machine embroidery are 2 of my most favourite things and I think there might be more for me to see!

    ReplyDelete