Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Friday 13 June 2014

SewforSoul ~ Reloved Magazine Feature

Beano Comic Book Table 


Last year the children and I created a 'graphic novel' decoupage table that I blogged about here.  I included a tutorial, which proved to be quite popular, and so a couple of months ago I was asked if it could be used as a feature in 'Reloved Magazine'.  

Well, it's in the July edition and copies are on the shelves and available for purchase now;


Reloved Magazine July 2014


SewforSoul Decoupage Table

Those of you with keen eyesight might also have noticed another SewforSoul creation on the front cover of the magazine, I actually have two features published there this month!  It's all very exciting, although they did manage to get my name wrong in both articles, but at least the blog address is correct!


Check out pages 34 and 38!

Next week I'll share a couple of pics of the vintage bunting article, which was based on this post.  It looks lovely and is a gorgeous three page spread!  If you can't wait until then pop along to your local WHS and nab a copy for £4.99.

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant - that looks great and well done you on being published - even if they did get your name wrong - doh!! - to be honest I've not seen that magazine before, but I'll keep my eyes open for it (even though I'm supposed to be on a magazine buying ban - cough ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done J on your features! My daughter covered her ikea desk in old beano comics! A bit distracting though when it came to doing homework on it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having not one but two projects published! The table looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen that adorable magazine on this side of the globe I don't think. Amazing! Your table is AWESOME! I'm SO, SEW into book'oupage! Even have another blog, The Book Page Blog... I've just never posted anything yet. Lol!

    Can't wait to see your bunting feature!

    Congrats, Josie.
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous is this? Actually, how fabulous are all the lovely things that you make! Congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josie, the table looks fabulous! Well done on getting published twice in one issue. I will have to have a look out for it! Shame they couldn't manage your name, although it looks like they've done a good job on the rest of the article! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great what a free tutorial brings! It is good that your article is a new one to press. Last month was a real downer for me in Reloved, 7 articles lifted from books. Not so good IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your publications.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Josie! I remember the table post and thinking it was a really fun idea. How great to see it in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the magazine features! Your comic table looks fantastic, what a fun idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I haven't got this months yet I better go get my copy. Fabulous that you got published, not good they got name wrong tho! I'll check back on your blogpost in case I missed that tutorial im interested to have a look x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! what a fantastic month for you! 2 features!!! I really love the table, so colourful and perfect for those comic fans! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done:) It's great to see yourself in paper print:) Must go and read my copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and well done on being featured twice :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting :) I really love the table, I'm sure your kids had great fun helping you.

    ReplyDelete