Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Tuesday 9 May 2017

'Big Top' Applique Circus Bag

Embroidered Circus Tent Sack



May's issue of Sewing World Magazine is available in shops now and it's packed full of lots of lovely projects just waiting to be stitched, including my 'Big Top' Toy Sack.

Leanne, the magazine's editor, asked me to design a drawstring bag which pulled up to create the vaulted top of a circus tent!


It has a fantastic retro vibe going on (not least because we no longer expect animals to be used as a source of amusement and fun!) and the nice and roomy size means it can easily swallow absolutely loads of toys or a full PE kit.


As usual I used my favourite freemotion machine embroidery and raw edge applique techniques.  I just love the way the 'doodled' black stitching really brings the pictures to life  ~ Take look at that cute monkey!


We also have a baby elephant...


 ..and a very talented seal

 


Happy Stitching!









12 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous Josie, what a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, that must be your best yet. Just love it. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my mercy Josie, this is adorable. Girl, you have got yourself some talent. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Josie , this is so adorable
    I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing Josie! I can't believe how life-like you make things look - I know from experience that it really isn't as easy as it looks! Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful Josie! Lovely, and so colourful!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable project! Well done!

    *hugs*
    ~Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Josie,
    It is very wonderfull. My grandson like it.

    Best regards Marita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hej josie,
    Wonderful circus bag, i love this!thank you for your linkup to our blogsommer :-) greetings from denmark, ulrike:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Josie,

    i love it! It's so cute! Thank you!

    <3 bye, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Josie, oh that bag is absolutely adorable. I love it. The free motion really does bring all the characters to life. Glad that circuses don't use animals now though, especially as I found out the way that they train elephants. I used to love to go to them when I was a child and always wanted a zebra and a tiger to take home and was very stroppy when I didn't get one. Now I think that they are so much better off in the wild (especially the tigers). There s a very nice Taschen book of vintage circus photos. Some of the costumes are fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josie, wunderschön!
    Ich finde deine Werke sehr toll und freue mich, dass du dich auch gleich in unserer Linkparty "Blogsommer 2017" verlinkt hast.
    Auf deine Seite komme ich ganz bestimmt noch öfter ;)

    ♥liche Grüße
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete