Because life’s celebrations shouldn’t cost the Earth

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Creative Christmas ~ New Bookazine!

Appliqued Felt Christmas Tree Decorations




This year has rushed by as I have been pretty busy being part of the sandwich generation!  In other words caring for elderly parents-in-law whilst still having children at home.  My blogging has sadly diminished to practically nothing but, with Christmas just around the corner, I thought I really ought to share my festive makes featured in a lovely new bookazine 'Creative Christmas' which is available in shops now.

I was asked to design a number of projects the first of which is these retro inspired applique felt baubles evoking memories of vintage glass ornaments.




There are seven different designs in the set and they're the perfect way to add a touch of retro glamour to any Christmas display! 





The designs feature both hand and machine stitched elements for a lovely homespun feel!




Stitch the whole range in just one colour of felt for a sophisticated look or pick your favourite design and repeat it onto baubles cut from different coloured felts for a more relaxed family friendly effect!




The magazine contains full sized patterns, easy to follow instructions and clear step by step colour photographs




Merry Christmas!









12 comments:

  1. Hi Josie, sorry to hear that things are a bit hectic. These are absolutely lovely and very creative. I really love your appliqué, you always manage to make it really expressive. Congratulations on a great article. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely Jo, I must look out for that publication next time I am in the newsagents.

    Glad to see that despite all of your carer responsible you have still managed to fit in some sewing (and blogging!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie, I know that your hands are full sweet lady. Caregiving can be so very time consuming. Praying this morning for you to have that extra zap of strength needed. These are the cutest ever! You are so creative. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life does get in the way of crafting time sometimes doesn't it? This is a fab article though you must be proud every time you see your lovely work in print. Congrats. If ever you do get time to share new posts we'd love to have you find us at Homemade Monday, I know you used to join a while back as that's where I first found you. I am hosting the linky these days, we'd all love to see you again if you ever have time to make it over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julia and it looks like you're doing a great job with the Homemade Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, I really appriciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I feel for you as know how exhausting it is took look after the old's. Been through that and out the other side, so keep your chin up and keep smiling.

    Love your baubles they are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so so beautiful:) I'm glad you found time to blog in amidst caring. I hope you find time for you now and then to restore you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful appliquéd ornaments, Josie. The shape is exactly the same as the glass baubles we used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Josie, your ornaments are fab, ever so neat. I looked after my parents as they got old its really stressful. When Dad got frail, he wanted to stay at home so he had home carers as I couldn't do it anymore. The carers were great, fab young people, you hear so many scare stories about home carers but the ones we got, were honest, hard working and very caring. Dad was very lucky and it took the pressure off me. The local Council were very helpful, they arranged the care after the hospital recommended what he needed. Take care Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to you, Josie, and bless you for your loving care of in-laws.

    Your ornaments are positively adorable! I can't get over how cheerful they are! They'll make anyone who sees them smile and smile!

    Merry Christmas,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you are so busy with caring, Josie, but glad you were able to find time to design and make these very pretty ornaments!
    I'll be keeping an eye out for the magazine.
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete